It has been a while since I posted a recipe, but life with a toddler and a high schooler is pretty hectic! I thought that I was going to have a lot more time to write once the summer was over, but it has been even busier since my son started school and my little one just keeps getting into EVERYTHING!! Thankfully we were busy all day today and he just went down for his nap, which gives me exactly about an hour to share this recipe with you 🙂
We love oatmeal at my house and I would say we eat it at least three times a week. It is so simple to make yet delicious, and we like it because it keeps us full during our busy mornings. I’ve been asked for this recipe several times now, so I decided it was time to take the time and share it with you!
Here is what you will need:
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of organic old fashioned rolled oats (depending on the consistency desired)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of raisins (optional)
- Bananas, strawberries, and blueberries for toppings
- Add almond milk, oats, and chia seeds to a saucepan and bring to boil
- Let it boil for 5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Cover pan and remove from heat
- Let it seat covered for 5 to 10 minutes
- Add maple syrup or coconut sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and mix all together
- Put it in your favorite bowl, add your toppings, and enjoy!
There are so many ways to make oatmeal and you can play with different ingredients, this is just the way we keep it plant-based and enjoy it at my house. Feel free to switch it up and play with your favorite ingredients or toppings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know if you have any questions on the comments!