It is 10:30pm as I’m writing this post and the baby is finally asleep! Instead of going to bed (which is what I should be doing) I decided to turn on my oven and make these delicious oatmeal cookies that I have been craving all day and decided to share the recipe with you so you too can indulge at night without feeling guilty ;). The original recipe is from a post I saw by Ellen Fisher (a famous vegan YouTuber) a while back, since then I’ve made them several times and I’ve modified the recipe to what I like better which is the recipe I will share here. If you want to see the original recipe you can go to Ellen Fisher’s Instagram Page.
These cookies are so delicious! you only need a few ingredients and they are what you would call “healthy”. They are great for breakfast or as a snack and are guilt free!
Enough talking… this is what you will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbs of Maple Syrup (or more if you want them sweeter)
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips OR 1/4 cup of raisins
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 (F) degrees
- In a bowl mash the 2 bananas until smooth
- Add the Oatmeal and mix together
- Add the maple syrup, coconut shreds, and chocolate chips or raisins
- Stir it all together until it is nicely mixed
- Use baking paper on tray to make sure the cookies don’t stick
- Use a spoon to scoop the mixture onto the baking tray and make the cookie shape
- Place tray in the oven for 20 minutes
Let them cool off for about 5 minutes and ENJOY!
Feel free to play with this recipe and add walnuts and dried cranberries instead of the raisins, or anything you like. I love the chocolate chip because it tastes just like a chocolate chip cookie but with out all the bad stuff.
I hope you try this recipe and let me know if you like it.