Now that fall is officially here, it is time to start cooking with some of the great veggies that come with the season like potatoes! My preference is to cook with sweet potatoes given that they are a healthier option; however, this rosemary roasted potato recipe is one of my “go to” sides dishes anytime we are craving something warm and filling or anytime my son wants McDonald’s fries 🙂
This is definitely a favorite at my house and it is so easy and quick to make that it is great side dish for weeknight dinners!
Here is what you will need:
- 6- 8 red skinned potatoes
- 1/8 cup of Olive or Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt (you can use kosher or regular salt if you prefer)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary finely minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash and cut the potatoes in quarters (make sure they are all about the same size)
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put the potatoes on the baking sheet
3. Pour the oil over potatoes and add the salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Mix it all together until all the pieces are covered with the ingredients – I personally use my hands to do this 😉
4. Put potatoes in the oven for 1 hour, make sure to use a spatula and move them a couple of times while they are cooking.
5. Once they are roasted, add more salt and pepper to taste and serve in a pretty bowl!
I love to pair my roasted potatoes with a quinoa salad, but my son Alex likes to just eat them with some ketchup! You can definitely pair them with anything you like, it is a super versatile dish. I hope you try them and let me know how you like them.