There is one thing, and one thing only that my boys always fight to have at the house and that is ice-cream! They LOVE ice-cream; however, I usually don’t buy it and I don’t really approve of having it at my house since I know how much they like it. I have been on a mission to find healthier alternatives that I can have at the house and this has made me experiment with healthy versions of ice-cream such as “banana nice-cream” and now these fabulous fruit popsicles!! They are raw, vegan, healthy, fresh, and sweet!! but most importantly they don’t come with all the fat, sugar, and bad cholesterol that regular ice-cream has.
You can definitely use different fruits that you like but this is what you will need to make these:
- half to one pineapple chopped
- 1 Mango chopped
- 1/2 cup of strawberries (cut up)
- Blend the pineapple, mango, and a few of the strawberries in a high speed blender
- Add a few pieces of strawberries to each one of your popsicle molds (you can find some great options here)
- Add the fruit blend to your popsicle molds and put in the freezer for about one hour.
Feel free to play with these by mixing your favorite fruits! If you have kids, involve them in the process of making them so they can feel like they are eating something they made!
My son definitely likes them and he eats them all the time!! No need to keep ice-cream at my house anymore! Yey!!
I hope you experiment with this recipe and make your own. Make sure to let me know how you like them!