Given that I’m about 6 months pregnant I usually crave things… all kinds of things! but one of the things that I’ve been craving was a good filling banana shake that would combine 3 of my favorite things: bananas, chocolate, and coffee. So I got busy and started blending and this is the delicious result! Super simple but oh so yummy!!
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup of coffee (this can be decaf if you like)
- 2 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder (or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Blend it all together!
Note: Add some cinnamon and some of your favorite chocolate on top to garnish!
This could be a great breakfast shake given that it has some coffee to wake you up, but you get protein from the almond butter and almond milk, as well as the goodness of the bananas such as potassium, fiber, and vitamin C.
I hope you try it and let me know what you think by leaving you comments here!