If you are in Oklahoma, I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous weather!! This has truly been a perfect weekend to be outside! I took advantage of the weather and went to a few of my favorite stores yesterday to get all my groceries for the week!
After unloading all of my goodies from the store I decided that it would be a good idea to do a post and show you what my weekly haul looks like!! I truly believe that health starts at home and we have to be conscious of what we buy and bring in for our families. If our desire is to be healthier, and teach our kids good eating habits, we have to make sure we are spending our money on REAL and tasty food!
I have lots of recipes that I want to experiment with and make this week and hopefully post for you guys, so I had to make sure I got everything I needed, but for the most part this is usually what I buy and have at my house every week!
- Assorted Fruits – I always use fruits for smoothies and we also eat them as snacks around my house!
- Vegetables – Kale, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms, bell peppers, avocados, tomatoes, celery, sweet potato, and onions! Some of these will be used to make some yummy Juices!
- Herbs – Cilantro, parsley, and I always have fresh mint from my own pot!
- Legumes – Garbanzo beans, black beans and pinto beans! I use beans for everything! but this week I will be making some homemade hummus and vegan chili!
- Miscellaneous – Almond butter, shredded coconut, dates and honey!
Eating Healthy does NOT have to be expensive, I spent about $150 on everything and most of my produce is organic!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Please share with me pictures of your own Weekly food haul and any tips or advice you have!